Hartlepool Built

A directory of useful internet resources

Re: Hartlepool Built

Postby northeast » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Personally, I find that site good on the shipyard histories and the people behind them, but rather thin on the details of individual ships .... and for some strange reason, they are filed under their last name rather than the built name, although the search facility will locate the record by any name carried by the ship.
northeast
Site Admin

Postby magoonigal » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Hmm Interesting, First time I've had a look at it. Shall have to have a good delve!!

Find this interesting though:-

All text and images contained in this website are protected by copyright law. Anyone republishing material from the Hartlepool Built website in any format without permission is liable for any resulting infringement of copyright.

If the information on the site had been taken from "Primary Sources" fair enough, but its not. Large chunks of information have been taken from sites such as Mirimar and that originaly came from Lloyds Registers..........
So in theory, if I quote something from Lloyds Register that coincidentally appears on the Hartlepool Website, am I guilty.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby northeast » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:20 pm

The answer of course is that you cannot copyright factual information, but you can do so with the format in which you present it, so the reference to 'in any format' is not valid. As far as I can see re the ship histories, all the info and much more is in our Tees-built site which covers Hartlepool (well I would say that, wouldn't I!).
http://www.teesbuiltships.co.uk/
northeast
Site Admin

Return to On-line resources