ALBERT WELLER COLLECTIONS

ALBERT WELLER COLLECTIONS

Postby teesships » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:49 pm

AWeller1.jpg
(Photo contributed by Albert's son, Dennis)
After extensive research by various people it is concluded the Ellerman vessel is the CITY OF HEREFORD and this picture was taken August 1968.
CITY OF HEREFORD (5073741) 4954gt, completed by Caledon S.B. & E. Co. Ltd., Dundee, 11-1958. 1971 CITY OF GLASGOW (British), 1978 MYRNA (Greece), BU Kaohsiung 3.5.80 [Chien Ya Steel Industrial Co]

Soon after the death of our long-serving member Albert Weller in 1981, the Teesside Ship Society was grateful to receive a donation of Albert's black and white negative and print collections. Some of these were featured on my TEESSHIPS website over the years. More recently, in the 18 months that this NEM forum has been running, I have been pleased to show these, with additional fresh scans, in these pages, and I trust they have been of interest to Forumites.

A few years back we were pleased to be contacted again and offered Albert's slide collection. These are held for us by Derek Hinds. He initially scanned all the slides and sent me a copy disk of them. I have now been able to go through these and photo edit them to the best of my ability - with mixed results. Some are good, others are unfortunately poor quality. I now propose to start showing these revised scans and, again, hope they will prove to be of interest.

Where I know or can identify the location within the NEM area I will post them to the appropriate forum. There are a relatively small number taken outside of our area, but which I feel are worth including, and these will appear as separate topics under the World Ship Society - Teesside heading.

Hope you enjoy.

Ron
teesships

Re: ALBERT WELLER COLLECTIONS

Postby magoonigal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm sure we will, Ron.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Re: ALBERT WELLER COLLECTIONS

Postby Whickham » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Excellent. I am sure we'll look forward to them.
Dave
Whickham

Return to World Ship Society - Teesside