PRINCE OF WALES

For all naval matters throughout the North East region

PRINCE OF WALES

Postby Dennis Maccoy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:38 pm

HMS Prince of Wales (pretending to be HMS Dragon on AIS) is at anchor north of Tees Bay - roughly mid-way betweem Hartlepool & Seaham Harbour.
Regards, Dennis.
Dennis Maccoy

Re: PRINCE OF WALES

Postby northeast » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:22 pm

How odd. Is County Durham threatening to leave the Union?
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Dennis Maccoy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:00 pm

A suspicious silence from our Tees and Hartlepools contributors George – maybe they’re hatching a cunning plan ………?
Regards, Dennis.
Dennis Maccoy

Postby magoonigal » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:16 pm

And ANT and DEC are just above the Transporter Bridge by the ULISSE. :lol: :lol:
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Apparently her Helicopters are flying in and out of RAF Leeming, part Crew Change? Hopefully she stays clear of Lobster Pots. She could be charging her batteries from the nearby Wind Farm making a saving on Diesel fuel :)
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Further to my last, I hope there is nothing wrong with some of the Crew as Leeming has been used as an Isolation facility in the recent past for RAF personnel going and returning from overseas.
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:05 pm

It looks like the Pilot of the Chinook is a member of the RAC or AA judging by his use of the A19 routing as it passed the bottom of my garden clattering like a demented whisk on it's way down to Leeming, the last time there was that much activity was when they exploded a German Bomb when building the A19. The Bomb was thought to be one of a string of three, apparently the other two are still around as there is no record of any bombs exploding in that area during the War. :?
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:51 am

Is she a stealth ship now, invisible to our photographers? Or too far offshore?

Ron2, maybe you should dig into these missing bombs? :lol:
northeast
Site Admin

Postby magoonigal » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:03 am

She was photographed off Seaham on the 17th, but has not shown up on AIS.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby Hornbeam » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:42 am

northeast wrote:Is she a stealth ship now, invisible to our photographers? Or too far offshore?

Ron2, maybe you should dig into these missing bombs? :lol:

When I moved into this house which was new I turned over the back garden and found a brick wall, sorting through old maps before t'internet came out I found we were built on an old farmhouse.
In the past I have been involved in WW2 aircraft recovery where unexploded bombs were a "feature", one Halifax Bomber we partially uncovered had what was thought to be a Land Mine aboard, digging promptly stopped and Bomb Disposal attended, when the "Sea Mine" was fully uncovered it was found to be a Container full of Machine Pistols, Pistols and Ammunition all neatly packed and in perfect condition. :roll:
The Bombs previously mentioned are still underground somewhere, the problem is, was the Bomb found the first,middle or last one dropped of a stick of three.
Having "teething problems" on a newbuild is not uncommon but the two new Carriers seem to be having their fair share and quite expensive problems too
( Land Mine complete with Parachute not Sea Mine)
Last edited by Hornbeam on Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornbeam

Next

Return to Naval Shipping