T.C.C. HOPPER No.3

Re: T.C.C. HOPPER No.3

Postby Hornbeam » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:33 am

It's fine Ron, I had a number of tryouts at identifying her changing my wording between No 11 and 10 a number of times the reason being that when I looked at a photograph of 11 on the TCC Forum the first photograph shows her under her new ownership with quite a Mast array above her Top Tumbler which I did not recognise at all, the clincher was her Hull shape as No 10 had a Ships Hull shape (as at one time she was self propelled via a large Dog Clutch Aft of her Main Engine) No11 was a a Dumb Barge shape her Main Engine was athwartships with two large pulleys either side of the main engine for the belt drives up to the Top Tumbler.
Any thoughts why they were all moored up there? Could it be that a large vessel was coming down the river from Furness Yard and they had to move out of the way?
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Maybe they were dredging alongside the jetties? Could have been a special dredge to allow some of the larger ore carriers built in late 1960's?
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Hornbeam » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:07 pm

G.E.N.E. quite possibly, maybe Ron M may know if the Dutchmen took spoil off TCC Dredgers he would be around at that time lugging around a large bag of cash :D
Hornbeam

Previous

Return to T.C.C. craft