Hornbeam

Re: The Heugh

Postby Hornbeam » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:15 am

Part Two

IMG_0226.jpeg
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:22 am

Happy Christmas to you also, Ron2, and to all our members of NE Forum.

Most of us remember those days when a pillow case appeared at the foot of the bed, with simple presents within the available finance of parents, no credit cards or other 'pay tomorrow' means. Not cheap plastics 'made in China' that were in the back of the cupboard by New Year. My pride and joy in later years was a battery-powered RAF launch, it set off across the boating lake, with hope and faith that it might be retrieved from some distant shore! Dinky racing cars that would be raced down the groove in the cement edging to the beach steps. The latest abc Loco book. Yes, and the orange as well (yes, we have no bananas).
northeast
Site Admin

Postby taximan » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:29 pm

Hornbeam wrote:Part Two

LOL :lol: I heard a lot of yarns in my time on the river but that is certainly new on me.

Merry Xmas everyone
Just one more trip
taximan

Postby taximan » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:43 pm

northeast wrote:Happy Christmas to you also, Ron2, and to all our members of NE Forum.

Most of us remember those days when a pillow case appeared at the foot of the bed, with simple presents within the available finance of parents, no credit cards or other 'pay tomorrow' means. Not cheap plastics 'made in China' that were in the back of the cupboard by New Year. My pride and joy in later years was a battery-powered RAF launch, it set off across the boating lake, with hope and faith that it might be retrieved from some distant shore! Dinky racing cars that would be raced down the groove in the cement edging to the beach steps. The latest abc Loco book. Yes, and the orange as well (yes, we have no bananas).

My fondest memory of Xmas was coming downstairs with my little sister on Xmas morning. My parents never put up the decorations until we had gone to bed on Xmas Eve so on Xmas morning it was like fairyland to us.

537513_425e_1024x2000.jpg
Just one more trip
taximan

Postby northeast » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:54 pm

That's what they call 'product placement' :)
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Hornbeam » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:08 pm

As you may be aware Taximan for the Adults at the TCC Santa “presents” came via the John H Amos where Spirits, Cigarettes, Pipe Baccy the then new mechanical automatic watches (with the bobweight swinging inside) courtesy of the Master and Mates smuggling operation all to be purchased at keen prices for Christmas as long as you put your order in early or you could be disappointed. Another one for the Carry On Film Department.
I won’t go into the Christmas presents for the Ships Crews moored on the river provided by Freddie C and his launch carrying the Lady Santas, now that was product placement ;)
Hornbeam

Postby taximan » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 pm

Hornbeam wrote:As you may be aware Taximan for the Adults at the TCC Santa “presents” came via the John H Amos where Spirits, Cigarettes, Pipe Baccy the then new mechanical automatic watches (with the bobweight swinging inside) courtesy of the Master and Mates smuggling operation all to be purchased at keen prices for Christmas as long as you put your order in early or you could be disappointed. Another one for the Carry On Film Department.
I won’t go into the Christmas presents for the Ships Crews moored on the river provided by Freddie C and his launch carrying the Lady Santas, now that was product placement ;)

The Amos episode occured a little before my time but I have certainly had my share of contreband when I worked on the floating crane :D
Erm....................isnt this thread suposed to be about the Heugh?
Just one more trip
taximan

Postby Hornbeam » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:34 am

Sorry about the thread drift and I am sure knowing big Lenny was proud of his command but it’s a mini Pudding, not sure what the underwater profile of her looks like but if “ The Management” had asked me to go aboard her while she was making the trip across Teesbay from Hartlepool to the Tees I would have had an urgent appointment with the Dentist. :D
Hornbeam

Previous

Return to T.C.C. craft