New Dredger - EMERALD DUCHESS

New Dredger - EMERALD DUCHESS

Postby Hornbeam » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:30 pm

According to the local newspaper a new Dredger has been ordered by PD Ports to work the Tees and Hartlepool channels, reads as if she is an all singing dancing vessel Designed by the Dutch of course and due for work next Summer.

IMG_2045.jpeg
IMG_2045.jpeg (36.59 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
Hornbeam

Re: New Dredger - EMERALD DUCHESS

Postby SAILFIN » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:19 pm

By the size of her I think they have underestimated the potential of this dredger and should have gone something bigger.
SAILFIN

Postby Hornbeam » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:50 am

Would like more info myself Sailfin, if anybody has any photographs or further information on this Dredger, is the design a one off or a Class of Dredger?
A bit different to the ‘Boilers in the Bow’ Class of Dredger although it looks like the Suction Pump Diesel Power Plant is in the Bow on this vessel, TCC No 1 had an enclosed Crankcase Unidirectional Triple Expansion athwart ships in the main Engineroom Aft which after the mandatory warm up ran normally like a Sewing Machine.
No1 was very unusual in design a bit like the unusual ‘Boilers on the Deck’ vessels that Willie Gray built to increase Cargo space.
Hornbeam

Postby Hornbeam » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:11 am

As an afterthought I see there is a Bow offloader I wonder if they are going to build a ‘Palm Island’ off the Tees?
Hornbeam

Postby northeast » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:21 am

It could pump some sand back onto Redcar so that we can have swings and roundabouts again, nice dry sand above the HW mark :D
northeast
Site Admin

Postby Hornbeam » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:37 pm

I wonder how the High Court case is doing, she might not even get here if he who must be obeyed Houchen has his own way.
When you look at the old photos of Redcar it hardly seems the same place with that ridiculous vertical pier they now have, you need quite a long line to fish from that monstrosity.
Hornbeam

Return to T.H.P.A. craft