MARSALI

Shipping of the Hartlepools

Re: MARSALI

Postby magoonigal » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:03 pm

I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with her George, these things always sound worse than they are. Most would appear to be, to do with administration and paperwork. If its anything like the amount of paperwork Carol has to sort through to run a Guide Unit, I can quite understand. :? :?
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby Hornbeam » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:07 pm

She does look as though she easily could bend in the middle if she hits bad weather :? Bearing in mind as she is an unusual build I would have thought they would have built a model for tank testing I wonder if Salmon poo corrodes the Hull!
Hornbeam

Postby magoonigal » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 am

I don't think her Stability is in question, Ron, and she is a, more or less standard design for a Well Boat. She was built in a modern well designed yard in Turkey that has built similar vessels in the past and was designed to cope with the North Sea. The Category is Structural Conditions, which covers a wide range. The Deficiency is Stability/Strength, Loading Info. and Instruments and the defect is "Not as Required". Equasis does not go into detail, but looking at the clues it may be that the computer that works out the Loading Information was having a bad day.

She is quite a large vessel for her type at 1,629 Gross Tonnes, with a Dwt of 1,500. In old money she is 206 ft in length with a Beam of 39 ft. giving her a beam to length ratio of 5.28.
If her Strength and Stability had been in question, she would have been detained. This was not raised at her first Inspection.

Having said all that, I suspect she would not be the vessel of choice for a trip across to Norway in the Winter. :) :)
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby Hornbeam » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:06 am

Thank You Paul, not a surprise that the automated system has possibly gone down, from my own experience on vessels those having all singing all dancing "automatic" systems can quickly become " handmatic" :x, work ok shoreside put them on a creaking rolling ship and their deficiencies soon show. Bring back Triple Expansions!! So it's back to pencil and paper to do the Load Plan, that of course if they know how to work it out Loll, these days after relying on a Computer previously. The last vessel I noted that was built in Turkey recently was a multi million pound Motor Yacht which took an alarming list and sank in the Med on its maiden voyage, all the Crew were rescued, however coming from that part of the world Insurance fraud was brought into the equation!!
Fortunately for the Crew of this vessel if it breaks down they won't go short of food, Fish for Suppers, Breakfasts,Luncheon and Teas, best quality Salmon too, I quite like a nice slice of Salmon in my Eggs Benedict or Eggs Royale as some eateries have it down as, for the Roadside Cafe it's a rasher of Bacon :D Ron@?
I thought we would have gone back to "Old Money" after dropping out of the 'Common (Read fraud) Market' :D
Hornbeam

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:59 am

MARSALI.jpg
MARSALI loading at Irvine's Quay.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Previous

Return to Hartlepool