FREEPORT CLAIMS

From South Gare to Stockton

FREEPORT CLAIMS

Postby teesships » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:45 pm

According to a Facebook page for Ben Houchen - Tees Valley Mayor - sponsored: paid for by the Conservative Party:

TEESSIDE FREEPORT BEST PERFORMING IN THE UK
Official Government Statistics handed to a Parliamentary committee show just how much is being achieved in the Teesside Freeport.
I have always said that EVERYTHING I do is about INVESTMENT and JOBS, so it is fantastic to see that we are leading the way nationally!
Of the 5740 jobs that have been delivered nationally in Freeport areas, OVER ONE THIRD of these (2150) have already been delivered in Teesside, putting us top of the table
This news comes fresh off the back of confirmation that 9000 jobs have been contractually secured on the Teesworks site, which forms part of the wider Teesside Freeport.
In terms of Investment, Teesside AGAIN leads the way by a significant margin, securing £1.1billion.
To put this in context, the next best performing Freeport, with regard to secured investment, is the Humber who have secured LESS THAN HALF of this with £516million.
Securing a Freeport was massive for Teesside, but making it work was even more important. These findings show just that, and we're just getting started.
I promised JOBS and INVESTMENT and that is what we are DELIVERING for local people
Personally, I don't know nor understand the basis for these claims and, as far as I am aware, the Freeport itself is not yet operating commercially. I also understand PD Ports are not party to this activity or the concept.

Ron M
teesships

Re: FREEPORT CLAIMS

Postby northeast » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:23 am

Smoke and mirrors, but all politicians play the same game!
northeast
Site Admin

Re: FREEPORT CLAIMS

Postby Hornbeam » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:12 pm

The so called “Freeport” as you most probably aware includes Teesside Airport where there has and will be further developments however it seems to be more of electronic paperwork than visible changes at the Port barring for removal of the Blastfurnace Site.
Most wonderful changes are promised in an Election Year by both the Conservatives and Labour, only time will tell and of course it also depends on the mad RasPutin as he certainly does not like GB and we on Teesside are only 50miles from Fylingdales.
It will be interesting to see if the Ports Authorities will be involved at some point as it is their function to maintain the Navigable Channel unless of course Houchen decides to buy the present Owners (P.D. Ports) out which he has threatened to do.
I hope your Pension is Ring Fenced Ron@1.
Obviously those of us on Teesside are very keen to see more Job Opportunities for the youngsters, however as I have said from previous experience of the Houchen approach he does seem to be a bit heavy handed when softly softly catchee Monkey would better in my view.
Hornbeam

Return to The Tees