B.O.DAVIES of 1932

B.O.DAVIES of 1932

Postby northeast » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Wonder if anyone has since recorded the fate of this one?

http://www.teesbuiltships.co.uk/view.ph ... +O.+DAVIES
northeast
Site Admin

Re: B.O.DAVIES of 1932

Postby teesships » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Revised link to TEESBUILT entry: http://www.teesbuiltships.co.uk/view.ph ... +O.+DAVIES

B. O. DAVIES, Tees Pilot Cutters Co. Ltd., 173gt,
completed William Gray & Co. Ltd., West Hartlepool, 5-1932
Fate not known - replaced by vessel of similar name (ALDERMAN B.O. DAVIES) in 1955

From THE RIVER TEES handbook 1953, published by Tees Conservancy Commissioners:
tcc53-b.o.davies.jpg
Ron
teesships

Postby hartlepoolmonkey » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:16 pm

b.o.davies.jpg
B.O.DAVIES berthed. I'm not sure who I got this image from but I do know it was from somebody's excellent postcard collection. Thanks, too, to George (northeast) for providing me with information on her.
Stan Laundon
hartlepoolmonkey

Postby Hornbeam » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:04 am

That looks like a canny little number, a locally well built vessel, can't have many 'Knots' on her unless she was used for another purpose during the WW2, I wonder if she was Armed, you can bet her Engineroom and Stokehold were gleaming although she would be too expensive to run I would guess compared to the later MFV Style vessels that came into the Pilot Service running backwards and forwards like United Buses. Judging by the state off her Upperworks on the other Site photograph the Deck crowd must have been a lazy lot most probably doing a bit of fishing or playing a couple of Hands of 'Solo' (for matches of course) whilst on the Hook / Standby, fishing off the seawards side don't want the Landlubbers in the Office to think you are taking the Mickey :D
Hornbeam

Return to Miscellaneous Port Craft