Patriot

Blyth shipping past and present

Patriot

Postby creemaster » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Work boat owned by Safety Boat Services, Fakenham, Norfolk and tucked in at Wimbourne
Photographs on the web show her with a whiteish/grey hull
Unsure why she is here.
Regards
Star of the Patriot was Mel Gibson and to paraphrase his line from BRAVEHAERT
'They can stop me from going to the pub and meeting my mam but they canna stop me from drinking in ma shed!!'
Graham
patriot.JPG
creemaster

Re: Patriot

Postby magoonigal » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:06 am

I understand that she is going to be used at Seaton Sluice for work on the Fibre Optic Cable that is coming ashore.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby creemaster » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 am

So does the Sluice come under Blyth or Northumbrian Coast??
Regards
Graham
creemaster

Postby magoonigal » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Fame, at last!!

Stellium DataCenters, based behind a ring of security on Cobalt Business Park, is the largest purpose-built data campus in the UK, at more than 200,000 sq ft and with 12 data halls and uniquely served with 80MW of power from two local UK Grid points. Working in partnership with AquaComms – the company pioneering the North Atlantic Loop – having chosen the Stellium campus as it’s only UK data centre Cable Landing Station – Stellium, and indeed the North East, will play a pivotal role in the project. The United States will be connected via Dublin and Blackpool, with optical fibres then feeding through to the Stellium campus to a beach landing at Seaton Sluice for onward connection to Esbjerg in Denmark with data for internet service providers, cloud service providers and social media networks passing through the region.
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby creemaster » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Not the best, extreme range on my little camera, just off the Seaton Sluice beach.
Oh well Christmas is coming
Hint HINT!!!
Regards
Graham
PB220011.JPG
creemaster

Return to Blyth