YASIN, Ex SPRAY

Blyth shipping past and present

YASIN, Ex SPRAY

Postby Rivoldini » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Ellis & McHardys old SPRAY after sale to the Trucial States of Sharjah if I remember correctly although I am sure MG will correct me. This is it sailing from Blyth for the last time. Early 1970's.
Attachments
Yasin.jpg
Rivoldini

Re: YASIN, Ex SPRAY

Postby magoonigal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Built by Hall Russell, Aberdeen.
Launched 15th October 1962 and completed in the December.
890 Gross. 1190 Dwt.
11.5 Knots.

Became YASIN in 1973 and her Owners were "Rasheed Enterprises" Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.

They sold her in 1979 and she was renamed SATWAH.

Renamed SATTAR I in 1988 for her final trip to Gadani Beach for breaking, arrived 17th March 1988.

;)
Paul Hood. + WSS Tyneside Branch Hon Sec.
magoonigal

Postby teesships » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:40 pm

50 YEARS AGO - YESTERDAY!!

IMO: 5337044

As SPRAY at Aberdeen - 13 August 1970:
spray130870.jpg

And that was the end of my shipping exploits for that round-Britain holiday. In under a fortnight I had clocked up 326 new sightings.

Having finished exploring Aberdeen that Thursday afternoon I recall remembering the Boro were due to play a friendly against Liverpool FC on, I think, the Friday night, and I thought I would try to get home in the one run and get to the game the next day. All went well for some of the trip. Stopped ion Berwick for a bite to eat and carried on down the old A1. At that time it ran through the centre of Alnwick and as I was climbing a hill in that location while looking for directions to stay on the A1 my way was suddenly blocked by a United bus! My car radiator stood no vchance against the offside front corner of that bus! That put an end to my attempt to get home that night. Police arrived and wanted to check the car overnight (nothing wrong with it other than the damage). They must also have told me where I could find somewhere to stay the night and then I had to crawl home on the Friday going no more than 30mph down the A1! Don't think I did get to the match? That was the first of several accidents I've had during my driving career - I'm fairly even between those which were my fault, and those caused by others!

Little did I then think that 6 years later our first son would arrive - and yes it was Friday the 13th his year! And that 50 years on our thrid grandson would make his appearance - Thursday the 13th! So, blame him for making me forget to post this and the previous item to coincide with 50 YEARS AGO TODAY!!

Ron M
teesships

Postby northeast » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:36 am

Bet the bus driver 'told you where to go' as well, but not to the same as the police did!
northeast
Site Admin

Return to Blyth