Henning S

Shipping, shipbuilding and craft of the Trent

Henning S

Postby Whickham » Mon May 09, 2016 7:41 am

HENNING S alongside at Flixborough 2000 ish.

Henning.jpg

Henning2.jpg

Built as: HENNING S.
Yard: Surken, Papenburg
Year: 1989
Names: 2005 RMS RAHM - 2007 RMS VINDAVA - 2013 CLARITY
End:
Fate:
Data courtesy of Miramar

See as RMS RAHM & CLARITY at: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=13845&p=28869#p28869
Dave
Whickham

Re: Henning S

Postby teesships » Mon May 09, 2016 9:19 am

As RMS VINDAVA passing Flixborough - 29 June 2008:
rmsvindava290608edit.jpg

Yes, there is a story behind this cluttered view!!
Wending our way back from Peterborough we'd explored and found a country pub for a nice Sunday lunch before continuing on our usual homeward route. However, nothing at Gunness, nor anything at Keadby. So on into Amcotts to see if anything was at Flixborough - and there was! The forecast had been for occasional showers and as I was getting my camera gear out of the boot, the one occasional shower we encountered that day hit us - with a vengeance. The downpour lasted a good 15-20 minutes but was just easing off as I heard over the radio a ship announcing she was at Flixborough. Does the above count as a sighting? The best I could get as I deemed it too wet to get right down to the river bank, and in any case, there wasn't time before she'd be right past. Determining that the rain had eased off I decided I might as well try to chase the RMS VINDAVA back up the Trent. So, the chase was on. Envisaged stopping at various vantage points as necessary to check progress. First one was to look back at Neap House/Grove Wharf and was that the blue-hulled RMS ship already turned and tied up alongside there? Or was it the blue-hulled ship further upriver? Obviously, that one was moving a bit faster than I expected as she was still well ahead during the next couple of checks. She, too, had turned and was moving to berth at Keadby. Not the RMS, one that must have slipped by in the Amcotts deluge! (In fact [s]he was the ERIC HAMMANN - see: http://northeastmaritime.co.uk/viewtopi ... 77&t=16972)

So, I'd chased the "wrong" ship, and I never did get a better view of the RMS VINDAVA!

Ron
teesships

Return to The Trent